Katie – Post Natal Doula – Night Time
Supporting families with overnight post natal support is something I have a keen interest in.
I understand parenting doesn’t end at night time and I also know that sleep deprivation is one of the difficulties many parents struggle with. Sleep deprivation makes it very difficult to be the kind of parent you would like to be during the daytime. I also understand why many parents are not keen to try common sleep training methods, such as Controlled Crying and am happy to support parents to work through the pros and cons to commonly used sleep training techniques.
I have supported many families via BabyCalm with understanding infant sleep,
- Understanding what normal baby sleep looks like.
- The pros and cons of the most commonly used sleep training techniques.
- Gentle techniques to help your baby sleep
- How to maximize the amount of sleep your baby – and you – will get
My goals as a Post Natal Night Time Doula, are to ensure you maximise the amount of sleep you are able to get. I can work with you during your early parenting journey, or perhaps if you begin to feel a bit of night time support would be helpful for an older baby, I am able to support you any time you may need it.
I can sleep in the same room as your baby and bring your baby to you when they need feeding, then take them to resettle them after their feed.
If your baby accepts a bottle, then I can take care of them for an entire night if you would prefer.
I can spend time with you in the evening supporting you to find gentle night time solutions to ensure both parents maximise their sleep.
The landscape of sleep is ever changing in the first few years of your infant’s life. Developmental leaps often disrupt baby and toddler sleep and night-time waking can often be mistaken or only ever linked to hunger. I’m there to help during those times where you would like some additional support and to recharge your batteries.
My Post-Natal Night Time Doula rates:-
My daytime hourly rate is £18 per hour (until midnight)
My night time hourly rate is £20 per hour (from midnight until 7am)
Ideally I would like to meet you or talk to you on the phone to first gain an understanding of the kind of night time support you would like.
I am available to work on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and ocassional Sunday nights. I am also available on some Friday and Saturday nights. I will normally work a maximum of 3 nights per week, although am happy to discuss more nights, particularly in the early postnatal period.
I can work from 8pm-7am although am happy to discuss later start times and earlier finishing times.
I am a recognised Birth Doula and a mentored Post Natal Doula. I have supported many families as a Birth Doula, and many families postnatally via BabyCalm and ToddlerCalm. I have supported 2 families post-natally, overnight, in the early post-natal period. I have supported 3 families postnatally during the daytime. I have worked with children throughout most of my career, as a child-minder, nanny and Doula. I am CRB checked.
What I do:-
- I offer emotional and practical support postnatally.
- I will take care of your baby overnight, wake when they wake, and bring them to you if you would like me to for feeding.
- I draw on my knowledge and experience and can provide suggestions and/or information about infant sleep, supporting your baby to develop good sleep habits, and supporting you to maximise your sleep.
- I will care for your baby in a nurturing and kind way.
What I don’t do:-
- I don’t offer medical advice.
- I don’t do controlled crying, cry it out, or sleep training.
- I won’t try to persuade you to change your mind about how you would prefer to approach infant sleep (rather support you by providing information to help you make informed choices).