Katie – Birth Doula
My role as your Birth Doula is to learn about you (and your family/partner) and the type of birth experience you hope for. I will listen and learn about you (and your partner), your hopes (and fears) and from there we will work together as a team.
My goals as a Doula are to ensure you feel safe and relaxed, to provide you with comfort and coping methods, to protect your birth space, to support you and your birth plan, and to provide support during your communications with the medical staff at your chosen birth place.
By the time your baby is on it’s way I hope you will think of me as a comforting presence and knowledgeable friend that only has *your* best interests at heart and at the forefront of my mind.
My Birth Packages:-
- 3- 4 antenatal visits and unlimited email and telephone support throughout your pregnancy
- I go on call at 38wks until you have your baby safely in your arms
- 1 postnatal visit and up to 6 weeks email and telephone support (plus further postnatal visits/support can be arranged if needed)
I am a recognised Doula and have supported many families at home, birth centre and delivery unit. I have supported 2 x Vaginal Birth after Cesarean and 1 x Homebirth after Cesarean. I have supported birth in water, and hypnobirthing mums.
Birth Package fee:-
£900.00 (plus travel expenses if applicable)
What I do:-
- I offer emotional and practical support throughout your pregnancy and during birth
- I support you and your partner/husband (if applicable) 100% in your choices about the kind of birth you want, whatever that may involve.
- I draw on my knowledge and experience and can provide suggestions and/or information about pregnancy, birth and comfort during birth, bonding, feeding and the postnatal period to help you make informed choices.
- I will be excited about supporting you and the birth of your baby!
What I don’t do:-
- I don’t offer medical advice or medical examinations
- I won’t get in between you and your partner/husband (if applicable) rather support you both and/or support him to support you.
- I won’t try to persuade you to change your mind about the birth you want (rather support you by providing information to help you make informed choices).